Whilst helping to improve life for others, you’ll get something out of the experience for yourself.
There’s nothing wrong with that … volunteering is a “win-win thing.
It’s worth thinking about why you want to volunteer before thinking about what you might do.
Volunteer for lots of good reasons:-
- Gain useful experiences & new skills (good for the CV)
- Try out something new
- Build confidence & self esteem
- Take on new challenges
- Share your skills to help others
- Make more effective life & career plansgive something back to the community
- Do something that’s important to you
- Have fun
- Meet new people
Why not give volunteering a try? You’ve got nothing to lose & maybe lots to gain!